Here at Rootz, we believe in a flexible working environment, with a hybrid approach where a mix between working from the office and remote working is possible. Our team consists of industry experts that focus on automation, allowing our people to target their attention on creative energies to push the boundaries of what an iGaming brand can be. Whilst having our own inhouse Rootz platform, we focus more on our most important resource, which is our customers.
Our Culture and Benefits
What matters in Rootz are our values. We create value through accessible collaboration, eliminating barriers, and most of all we really trust and believe in our people! We are a diverse and multi-cultural team currently consisting of twenty-seven different nationalities based mostly between Malta and Finland. We look forward to recruit more qualified applicants coming from different backgrounds and experiences. Private health insurance, team building events, wellness, professional development benefits as well competitive salaries are just a few examples of the benefits we offer!
Role and Responsibilities as Legal Counsel:
- Reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer to support on a wide range of legal activities including commercial, corporate, employment, data protection and responsible gaming;
- Drafting, review and negotiating agreements relating payment services, game supplier agreements, corporate agreements, marketing and advertising as well as drafting and reviewing simple legal documents and policies and procedures;
- Keeping updated with changes in legislation and regulations as well as establish and maintain business relations with regulators, clients and third-party providers
- Liaising with other departments on legal matters including contracts issues and players disputes
- Working closely with the Compliance Team as well as other departments to support on legal matters including contracts issues, players disputes, license and compliance reporting, as well as making applications to relevant regulators.
Role and Responsibilities as Data Protection Officer:
- Identify, monitor, and enforce data security standards and data protection awareness across Rootz;
- Draft and review privacy policies, cookies policies and procedures concerning personal data and GDPR compliance for Rootz and its partners;
- Carry out data protection due diligence; drafting, reviewing, and negotiating data protection agreements or terms as may be required;
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and manage privacy internal and external audits;
- Providing assistance and advice regarding data subjects’ requests and customers’ complaints in the field of data protection;
- Liaise with IT information, including production of technical documentation; overseeing of data subject requests such as access, rectification, or deletion;
- Monitor any developing security threats, reporting to the management any potential security risks and conduct investigations into any security breaches as appropriate;
- Assist in dealing with regulatory matters, monitoring any data protection related regulatory changes;
- Interfacing with supervisory authorities as necessary;
- Train staff and increase the awareness on data protection best practices;
The type of profile we are looking for:
- A qualified lawyer with preferably 3-5 years of experience working for a law firm or in-house lawyer preferably working for an igaming company or relevant industry such as technology, media or telecom.
- Experience acting as DPO or handling a GDPR related role will be considered an asset.
- Conversant with licensing regulations, GDPR laws, compliance and/or regulatory matters
- Experienced in drafting and reviewing contracts, able to negotiate with several stakeholders in various fields and confident in providing advice on various legal and compliance matters in several jurisdictions.
- An effective communicator, having an excellent command in written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages will be considered an asset.